Thursday, September 28, 2006

An introduction of sorts - or mindless rambling...

So all I really wanted to do was post a comment to someone's rant with a cool user name. The next thing I knew, I had my own page to blog/comment until my heart's content. I have decided that this blog creation is kismet as I enjoy writing and probably drive most my friends up the wall with my diatribes on numerous subjects. Unfortunately for some of you readers out there, the birth of this blog has come during the time of year I consider most Holy - College Football Season. Mainly this means that I will be posting rants, raves and comments about my favorite team - The University of Georgia Bulldogs - and disparaging all other teams, conferences and all commentators who do not believe in the greatest team of all "The Dawgs" and the amazing conference that is the SEC...
Being a transplant in LA, most of my complaining will be about the little conference that can't, or rather the Hack, I mean PAC 10. I can't tell you how many times during the fall I have to endure the endless conversations where I hear that the PAC 10 is underappreciated and that there is an East coast bias. Sure, I will give you USC - the are amazing, but honestly, having to hear Cal whine when there were left out of the BCS game and then watch them get embarrassed in what they considered such a 'lesser bowl,' just gave fuel to the PAC 10 doubters. At least when Auburn whined about being left out of the BCS Championship game, they were undefeated and most likely would have given USC more of a run for their money than Oklahoma (which I can barely discuss since they played in a national championship game when they couldn't even win their own conference title) did.

Anywho - I am getting off track. I hope to blog about football, entertainment, other sports and possibly world/news events when it strikes me, I hope that y'all will enjoy!

No comments: